Want content-based PD for each unit of instruction at your fingertips? We've got you covered!
Translating the volume of TEKS and Social Studies content into manageable chunks of instruction can be hard! Front-loading teacher planning time with the 8th Grade Social Studies ePLC allows teachers to spend constructive time within their PLC designing engaging and targeted lessons that promote content retention, comprehension, and application.
The 8th Grade Social Studies ePLC helps teachers build their understanding of big-picture concepts and content nuances through 40+ learning videos and other resources that address the major topics. Each cluster contains 2-4 short subcluster learning videos plus an intervention learning video.
The 8th Grade Social Studies ePLC:
- Embeds process-based instructional best practices and strategies from the Social Studies Playlist
- Is organized by lead4ward clusters/subclusters
- Subdivides major topics into units of study to allow more flexibility during PLC meetings
- Includes a 10-15 minute learning video for each subcluster and a cluster-specific intervention learning video
- Addresses the “how” and “when” for intervention (with strategies) – How and when should we intervene to ensure students are successful? And what methods could we use for students at different thresholds? What could intervention look like for students who are struggling to access the stimuli and/or need support with inferential thinking?
- Includes a Social Studies STAAR 2.0 instructional guide
NEW for 2023-24:
- Support for new teachers – 3 learning videos focused on how to get started with the content; checking for understanding and reteach; and preparing for STAAR review
- Learning video for STAAR 2.0 – helping students show what they know with short constructed response
- Exploration and Colonization (5 videos)
- American Revolution (4 videos)
- Constitution (5 videos)
- Early Republic (5 videos)
- Age of Jackson (4 videos)
- Westward Expansion (4 videos)
- Industrialization (4 videos)
- Reform and Culture (4 videos)
- Sectionalism and the Civil War (5 videos)
- Reconstruction (3 videos)
For content questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org