What is STAAR 2.0 and what do I need to know for next year?
The redesign of STAAR will more effectively assess the complexity of learning embedded in the TEKS and require students to demonstrate their learning with greater independence. The 2022-23 school year is an opportunity to transform instruction through the lens of the next generation of STAAR. Focusing on opportunities for learning opens up possibilities for students with disabilities. Through this lens, we will explore how special educators can champion the process standards to help students meet their full potential.
This overview helps special educators:
- partner with classroom teachers to support access to rigorous instruction
- align thinking in the classroom to STAAR 2.0
- transform instruction and support to promote independence and growth
- audience: special education teachers and leaders
- learning mode: virtual
- date/time: Aug 1, 2022 8:30 - 11:30 AM CDT