- How will we leverage prevention as the best intervention by maximizing Tier 1 instruction?
- How can instruction and intervention support students to deeply analyze, discuss, and draw inferences from visuals, and learn and use academic vocabulary in science and social studies?
- How do we evaluate and adapt content and thinking within science and social studies to support ALL learners?
- How can we streamline the science and social studies intervention processes and routines for whole group, small group, and supplemental accelerated instruction (HB 4545)?
We’ll approach intervention for science and social studies through the lens of the important vocabulary and visuals by exploring ways to boost academic vocabulary instruction and flexibility for transfer by thinking and talking like scientists and historians. We’ll re-examine how we can support instruction and intervention through the lens of process and content, prioritizing the high-impact curriculum standards through manageable and strategic ways to plan for strong Tier 1 instruction and effectively respond when kids don’t get it. Whether a standard needs loopback for all, intervention for a few, or supplemental instruction for HB 4545, the lead4ward Think Along Plan will assist us in planning intervention that promotes student competence and confidence!
Science and social studies teachers will learn how to help students:
- engage in learning academic vocabulary
- enhance academic discourse
- analyze and use visuals
- apply their learning
- make connections
- monitor their progress
- audience: science and social studies teachers and leaders
- learning mode: virtual
- date/time: August 1, 2023 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM CDT