Do you want to be a dynamic, effective teacher who promotes active student participation with minimal teacher preparation? Then student engagement is a critical component of your instruction! We’ll help teachers and leaders move from teacher-centered instruction with passive, bored students to exciting instruction that fosters student movement and discourse as they learn, correct mistakes, and deepen their understanding of content.
what you'll learn:
- how to promote engagement and thinking by planning instruction using lead4ward instructional resources:
- instructional strategies playlist – low-prep/high-yield instructional strategies at your fingertips!
- quickchecks – comprehension techniques that take only 30 seconds to 1 minute to implement
- think it up – quick method for raising the rigor in your questioning
- thinking stems – sentence stems that help students frame their responses to complex questions
- how to proactively address classroom management issues in a learning environment
- audience: leaders and teachers
- learning mode: virtual
- date/time: June 6, 2023 1:00PM - 4:00PM CDT