It is more important than ever for special education teachers and instructional leaders to connect their understanding of the rigorous learning standards with effective, specially designed instruction in order to prepare students with disabilities for success in the next grade level, and ultimately, life after high school.
- understanding the learning standards (TEKS) – design and construct of the TEKS, categorization of the TEKS (process standards, readiness standards, supporting standards) and their role in instructional planning
- using data, knowledge of the structure and design of the TEKS, and identification of the long strand standards to inform the decision-making process
- developing an effective, informed, simple PLAAFP statement that focuses on involvement and progress in the general education curriculum
- adapting instruction to support student learning – prerequisite skills, accommodations and instructional adaptations, and connecting standards to instruction
- audience: special education teachers and leaders
- learning mode: virtual
- date/time: July 27, 2023 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM CDT