what is accountabilityconnect for ESCs?
This comprehensive year-long district support service is designed specifically to help school leaders (at both the district and campus level) understand state and federal assessment and accountability systems – with a focus on understanding the issues that are most impactful for classroom instruction and student learning. Additionally, this support service helps members stay current on changes or developments in the areas of instruction, assessment and accountability – which will be especially important for school districts throughout the 2022-23 school year. A key component of accountabilityconnect is that it helps members make sense of the complexities surrounding assessment and accountability systems so that district and campus leaders can more effectively lead and support sound instructional practices. Ultimately this allows districts to connect accountability to instruction – which benefits teachers, students, staff and the entire school community.
Why join accountabilityconnect?
During the 2022-23 service year (May 1, 2022 – April 30, 2023), member districts will receive a broad range of services and supports in the following areas:
- Accountability System Development – ongoing support relating to the issuance of accountability ratings in August 2022 for the 2021-22 school year, and the development, redesign and implementation of the A-F accountability system for the 2022-23 school year
- Transition to STAAR 2.0 – ongoing updates relating to the transition to STAAR 2.0 in the Spring of 2023 (new item types, new test design, new modality of testing) and implications for instruction, professional development and data analysis)
- Data Tools and Templates – ongoing development and support of data views and “think throughs” designed to assist district and campus leaders in understanding their data and identifying areas or issues for strategic planning and initiatives
- Assessment Literacy – ongoing support designed to assist campus and district leaders in better understanding the variety of assessment tools that are available to districts (e.g., formative assessments, interim assessments, summative assessments), with a focus on maximizing the effectiveness of assessment data analysis to improve and support classroom instruction and student learning
Summary of Services for ESCs:
- 18 scheduled webinars (with additional webinars added on an as-needed basis)
- Telephone, text, email, or virtual on-request support
- Presentation templates for public hearings or board meetings
- Ongoing development of data tools and resources to help analyze and evaluate academic growth and performance
- Additional materials designed to synthesize and summarize assessment and accountability requirements